The Education Advisory Board of the Confucius Institute of the State of Washington meets quarterly or more often, as needed, to plan the educational programs for the Confucius Institute for teachers and students.
Michele Anciaux Aoki, Director of the CIWA Education Center, chairs the CIWA Education Advisory Board. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks to our founding Director, Karen Kodama, who has now retired from Seattle Public Schools.
Education Advisory Board Members
- Aihua Liao, Assistant director, UW CIWA
- Alice Flores, Vice President, Chinese Language Teachers Association – WA
- Angela Davila, World Languages Program Supervisor, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Chan Lu, Assistant Professor, UW Asian Languages & Literature, Seattle
- Dongmei Huang, Confucius Institute Chinese Director K-12 (from Chongqing Municipal Education Commission), Seattle
- Heidi Steele, Chinese Teacher, Peninsula School District, Gig Harbor
- Jennifer Lundstrem, ELL Teacher, Edmonds-Woodway High School, Edmonds
- Jennifer Tanaka, Executive Director, OneWorld Now!, Seattle
- Kathryn Ong, Site Coordinator, CIWA Education Center, Seattle
- Khawar Ahmed, Director, Sponge School, Seattle
- Michele Anciaux Aoki, International Education Administrator, Seattle Public Schools, Seattle
- Paul Aoki, Director, UW Language Learning Center, Seattle
- Pollyanna Wang, Chinese Teacher, Chief Sealth International High School, Seattle
- Sun Burford, Chinese Teacher, Bellevue School District-Tyee Middle School /OneWorld Now!, Bellevue / Seattle
- Sharon Gao, Director, Asia Pacific Language School, Bellevue
- Xiaohan “Linda” Du, International Programs Manager, China Specialist, Shoreline Community College, Shoreline
- Zoe Jiang, Chinese Teacher, Skyline High School, Seattle