Location: Beijing, China
Program Terms: Summer Quarter (July 2-27,2018)
1) Age between 16-35;
2) Having a valid Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) certificate (any level);
3) Having no experience of studying in China.
Host University: Beijing University of Technology, Beijing, China
The Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) offers scholarship opportunities to non-native Chinese speaking college-level students worldwide to study Chinese language and culture in China during summer for four weeks. CIWA organizes this program for all students from its partner institutions of higher education in the State of Washington.
During the four-week of study, students will take Chinese and Chinese culture classes and alsoField trips, visits to local cultural attractions.
1) Scholarship covers tuition, accommodation (double room on university campus) and comprehensive medical insurance;
2) Participants are responsible for international travel, learning materials, meals and admission tickets to cultural sites in China.
Step 1): Obtain a HSK test result before the scholarship program application deadline (March 29, 2018). Two upcoming HSK tests (Feb 11 & March 24) will be organized at the University of Washington Seattle Campus and other CIWA partner institutions’ campuses; please contact your Chinese instructor about the possibility of taking an online HSK test on your own campus.
-HSK test registration website: chinesetest.cn
-HSK Level 1-3 result can be downloaded right after the test is completed.
Step 2): Create an application account at http://cis.chinese.cn/account/login between March 1 and 29, 2018 and submit your completed online application for the scholarship program.
Step 3): CIWA will notify you about your application result through emails in about one month after you submit your application. If your application is successful, you will need to confirm your acceptance and make a Check Payment of $80 as the participation fee (non-refundable) to “Alliance for Education/CIWA”.
Step 4): Apply for a valid visa to travel to China and make travel arrangement.
Application Documents checklist
- Completed online application form
- A scanned copy of your passport (photo page)
- If you are under the age of 18, you need to find a Chinese resident or citizen as your guardian and provide notarized document for the guardianship.
- HSK result (any level)
- A recommendation letter from CIWA (we will provide reference in the online application system after you’ve submitted your application)
For information or questions, please contact Dr. Yun Li, Confucius Institute of the State of Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hanban: email@example.com
More Information about Host University:
Beijing University of Technology: http://english.bit.edu.cn/