The Confucius Institute of the State of Washington supports a number of ongoing programs in partnership with the Hanban, the executive body of the Chinese Language Council International, a non-governmental and non-profit organization affiliated to the Ministry of Education of China, including:
- Chinese Guest Teacher Program
- The Confucius Institute of the State of Washington and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) partner on the Chinese Guest Teacher Program, coordinated by the College Board, in partnership with Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters and the National Council of State Supervisors for Language (NCSSFL). Schools or districts can request highly qualified teachers from China to help launch or expand their Chinese language programs.
- Chinese Bridge Delegation for Educators
- Coordinated jointly by the Confucius Institute of the State of Washington and Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters, Chinese Bridge Delegation is an opportunity for state and school district administrators and policy makers, especially school board members, to travel to China to learn more about China’s education system and how to connect schools in China and the U.S.
- Chinese Bridge Student Exchange Camps
- Coordinated by the Confucius Institute of the State of Washington and sponsored by Hanban, the Chinese Bridge Summer Camp is a 2-week program for American high school students to experience Chinese language and culture by traveling abroad.
- Confucius Classrooms
- Asia Society’s Confucius Classrooms Network is a national network of exemplary Chinese language programs. The Network serves as model sites for developing the field of Chinese language teaching in American schools.