March 28, 2015
HSK 1-6 Online Test & HSKK (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
“Making your class come alive with authentic materials and tasks” 2015 CLTA-WA Spring Workshop. Inspired by Task-based Language Teaching (TBLT) featuring student-centeredness and authenticity, the presenter has pilot tested a series of authentic tasks by incorporating a wide array of authentic materials across different proficiency levels since 2008.
April 4, 2015
Online YCT Level 1-4, Spoken YCT (Beginner & Intermediate)
April 7, 2015
- Do you wish to be able to communicate with people in Chinese?
- Do you wish to learn Chinese in a systematic way?
- Do you wish to learn about various aspects of the Chinese culture?
- Do you wish to meet cool people who learn and teach Chinese and embark on a journey to discover the Fun of Learning Chinese?
If so, you are cordially invited to enroll in the Community Chinese Corner! We have planned a series of sessions to help you fulfill your wishes and guide you to acquire the skills to communicate in Chinese! Our plan is to offer continuing sessions so long as there is adequate interest throughout the year so you will be able to systematically build up your Chinese skills! The courses are free, although we welcome donation. Sign up today and we look forward to seeing you on March 24th to begin our journey of learning Chinese!REGISTER ONLINE
April 16, 2015 – April 18, 2015
The National Chinese Language Conference (NCLC) is dedicated to enhancing the nation’s capacity for the teaching and learning of Chinese language and culture by sharing cutting-edge practices and examples with educators and policymakers. Join us for the 8th annual NCLC, April 16-18, 2015 in Atlanta.
The conference will focus on:
- building and sustaining quality Chinese programs at all levels of K–12 and higher education;
- cutting-edge approaches to teaching that incorporate culture, technology and collaborations; and
- best practices in the classroom leading to high levels of language proficiency and cultural competency.
Attendees will have an opportunity to:
- Attend inspiring and informative plenary sessions with visionary leaders and provocative speakers from education, business, government, and more.
- Choose from a wide variety of 70+ sessions led by experienced practitioners in the following program strands: curriculum and instruction, partnerships and community engagement, assessment, program models and K-16 articulation, teacher development and sustainability, and China across the curriculum.
- Enjoy performances highlighting Chinese culture.
- Sign up for optional preconference events, including in-depth workshops and school visits to local K-12 Chinese programs.
- Explore the rich heritage and vibrant downtown of Atlanta.
(Excerpted from http://asiasociety.org/national-chinese-language-conference.)
For inquiries related to the National Chinese Language Conference, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: The Confucius Institute of the State of Washington has posted this announcement as a courtesy to the event organizers. CIWA is not a cosponsor.