- This event has passed.
Washington State Chinese Language and Talent Competition 2017
The Confucius Institute of the State of Washington (CIWA), the Washington Association for American and Chinese Education (WAACE), Cultural Exploration of Greater China Foundation (CE), and Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction World Languages Program (OSPI-WL) present the Washington State Chinese Language and Talent Competition.
- To generate further interest in the teaching and learning of Chinese language and culture among instructors and students
- To acknowledge and reward the achievements of the students and teachers
- To provide a positive venue for students with diverse backgrounds to come together to share knowledge and learning experiences
- Provide online Chinese learning resources
A video entry under four minutes
Submissions open date: March 7, 2017
Submissions due date: April 7, 2017
Before you start your application and entry submission online, please make sure you have completed the first two steps. Apply here!
- Upload video entry/entries to an online sharing service. (Youtube, Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.)
- Parents or guardians sign the release and waiver form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note every contestant in a group needs a release and waiver form.**
- Fill out the entry application form and paste the shared link of your uploaded video, Shared link should NOT ask for a login. Please see uploading instruction.
- The registration fee must be paid on-line by using PayPal.
**You may also mail your filled out release and waiver form to
Chinese Language and Talent Competition c/o Ms. Jiang 1122 228th Ave SE, Sammamish, WA 98075.
(Post marked by April 7th, 2017!!)
Participants will receive a confirmation by email upon completing the registration and submission process.
Registration fee is$5.00 per person per event for each competition (individual or team) entered (entering one competition is $5, two will be $10, three will be $15, etc.). The registration fee must be paid on-line by using PayPal when registering. The registration fee is non-refundable.
Please note that the registration fee can be waived for participants on subsidized school meal plans. To apply, please download the Fee Waiver Form and mail your filled out form to Chinese Language and Talent Competition c/o Ms. Jiang 1122 228th Ave SE, Sammamish, WA 98075. (post marked by April 7th, 2017!!)You may also upload your completed form with your entry to an online sharing service and share the link in the online application form.
For more information and a list of categories, please follow the link here.
The 2017 Washington State Chinese Language and Talent Competition is co-sponsored by
Washington Association for American and Chinese Education (WAACE),
Confucius Institute of the State of Washington,
Wahaha Youth Club,
the Chinese Language Teachers Association-WA (CLTA-WA),
the China Tomorrow Education Foundation,
Chinese Radio Seattle, and
the Little Masters Club.