- This event has passed.
PLU STARTALK Teacher Program 2018
July 30 - August 17
Pacific Lutheran University STARTALK Teacher Program, Summer 2018
Date: July 30 – August 17, 2018
— two online classes in July prior to the start of face-to-face classes
Time: 9 AM – 3 PM (Monday – Friday)
Location: Pacific Lutheran University (12180 Park Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98447)
Registration Fee: $40 (tuition, text, and assessments covered by STARTALK funding) – APPLY HERE
Do you speak Chinese or Korean? Are you interesting in becoming a language teacher? Then the PLU STARTALK program is a great opportunity for you!
The STARTALK Teacher Program will prepare native (or near-native) speakers of Chinese or Korean to teach their world language to K-12 students.
- Lesson planning and micro-teaching
- 4 continuing education graduate credits from PLU’s School of Education
- Standards and content-based program, focused on developing communicative proficiency
- Emphasis on STEAM ((Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math)
- Content knowledge to pass the Washington Educator Skills Test – Endorsement (WEST-E) WL
- Funding for required assessments for those pursuing teacher certification and/or World Language Endorsement (WEST-B, WEST-E and ACTFL OPIc and WPT)
- Copy of ACTFL’s publication Keys to Planning for Learning
Apply soon online, spots are limited. Click here to fill out your initial application.
Visit the link here to learn more: PLU STARTALK 2018 or contact Program Director Judy Hassen (email@example.com) or Professor Bridget Yaden (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This event is posted as a courtesy to the event sponsors. It is not sponsored by the Confucius Institute of the State of Washington.