- This event has passed.
Getting to Know Mandarin Matrix
April 24 @ 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Getting to know Mandarin Matrix
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Time: 4:30 – 7:30 PM
Location: University of Washington, Denny Hall (Rooms 157 and 159)
— or join remotely (phone, computer, mobile application) (directions below)
Admission: Free, plus 3 clock hours from WAFLT – REGISTER HERE
CIWA is pleased to offer this workshop with Mandarin Matrix to familiarize teachers, administrators, families, and community members with the innovative products being developed by Mandarin Matrix, in conjunction with their partners at the Confucius Institute of the University of Utah and Utah’s Mandarin Dual Language Immersion (DLI) programs. Mandarin Matrix and CIWA are partners in US-China Strong, and we share the goal of expanding opportunities for students in America to learn Chinese from an early age. Mandarin Matrix provides a number of products including: Mandarin Matrix books for Dual Language Immersion, Readers, YCT (Youth Chinese Test) Readers, Max and Mei, Pangu, and Mandarin Matrix Online.
- 4:30 – 5:30 PM Overview and Demo of Mandarin Matrix by Eric Chipman, former Mandarin DLI teacher in Utah.
- Even if you are not planning on using Mandarin Matrix, Eric is an experienced DLI and traditional secondary teacher, and will offer you unique and innovative approaches towards effective Chinese instruction.
- This session will also be available by Zoom (directions below)
- 5:30 – 6:15 PM Refreshments provided by the Confucius Institute of the State of Washington
- And Q&A about the Mandarin Matrix initiative with CIWA. Opportunity to review printed materials.
- 6:15 – 7:30 PM Lab time access to try out Mandarin Matrix Online
- This will be hands-on training on how to use the Mandarin Matrix Online Classroom as a solution for highly effective differentiation, meaningful homework, in-class activity/assessments, and supplementary reading.
For remote attendees, join from one of three methods:
- PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android: Zoom
- iPhone one-tap:
- US: +14086380968,,882124212# OR
- Telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
- US: +1 408 638 0968 OR
- +1 646 876 9923 OR
- +1 669 900 6833
- Meeting ID: 882 124 212
- US: +1 408 638 0968 OR
For more information on Mandarin Matrix, visit the link here: http://mandarinmatrix.org/
Sponsored by the Confucius Institute of the State of Washington, the Washington Association for Language Teaching, and Seattle Public Schools
Many thanks to the UW Language Learning Center for hosting the workshop