- This event has passed.
2017 CLTA-WA Fall Workshop
October 28 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Integrated Performance Instruction and Assessment in Action
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017
Time: 9 AM – 12 PM
Location: Spokane Eastern Washington University Center (SEWC)
(668 N Riverpoint Blvd, Room 117, Spokane, WA 99202)
Free for all participants, with three clock hours upon request – Register here
Presenter: Chunman Gissing, Lead teacher, summer Startalk program at the University of Hawaii
This workshop will engage participants to explore elements of the three modes of communication, examine IPA designed lessons and design IPA lessons for use in the classroom.
Workshop outcomes will include participants being able to:
- demonstrate clear understanding of the three modes of communication
- identify and articulate elements of IPA design in a lesson plan and how the
three modes are integrated
- begin to design a lesson following the IPA principles
The workshop will be conducted in either Mandarin or English depending on the needs of participants.
- 8:30am – 9am Sign in
- 9am – 11:45am Workshop
- 11:45am – 12pm Evaluation & Wrap up
Register Here – Registration deadline October 24, 2017
- Participants, please bring a topic you are interested to design and execute an IPA
lesson, and any authentic material you can find/you would like to use to support
designing an IPA lesson.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- Please visit the WSU Spokane Visitor Parking page for more parking information
- Eastern Washington University, Spokane campus map
CLTA-WA extends our sincere appreciation to the co-sponsors of this event:
Confucius Institute of the State of Washington
Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, EWU
For more information, visit the CLTA-WA Workshop event page.