- This event has passed.
2016 WA Chinese Language and Talent Competition
March 20, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Please join us for the annual CE Scholastic Competition on March 20th, 2016.
Register for the 2016 Cultural Exploration Competition here.
The competition will be followed by a one-hour awards ceremony in the afternoon. (Please see Schedule 比赛时间表 for detailed event schedule.)
Please see the Cultural Exploration webpage for further details.
Facilitators and Judges are Needed. Please view this information to see how you can get involved.
Today we are happy to announce our fourth annual Washington State Chinese Language and Talent Competition. All K-12 students in this state from public and private schools as well as students from Chinese heritage schools and home tutoring institutes are welcome to participate. We hope this event will provide a venue where students with diverse cultural background can come together to share their knowledge and experience.
- To acknowledge and reward student and teacher achievements.
- To help inspire further interests in the teaching and learning of Chinese language and culture.
- To provide a positive venue for students with diverse background to come together to share knowledge and learning experience.
All contestants will receive a gift for their participation in the competition. Awards and scholarships (Cash prize of $50 for individuals, and $100 for team competitions) will be given to the top three performers in each category, division and class. The awards ceremony will be held on the same day as the competition, beginning at 2:00 pm in the Chief Sealth International High School’s auditorium.
Below is an announcement from the event planning committee (CE Announcement 2016):
Dear Students, Parents, Teachers, and Supporters:
Greetings! We are excited to let you know that the 2016 Washington State Chinese Language and Talent Competition is scheduled to be on Sunday, March 20, 2016 at Chief Sealth International High School. The registration will begin on January 4, 2016 and end on March 2, 2016. The registration fee is still $5 per person per competition event. For more information regarding the competition, please visit the registration website at www.culturalexploration.org.
Also, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the following:
- When you sign up using the competition’s registration website, please be sure to enter the actual email address for the participant or the person who is closely related to the participant in the “Contestant’s Email” field. From now until the end of the competition, we will communicate directly with the contestants regarding registration, awards, and other important announcements using the email address in this field. If the email address entered is not someone who can actively attend to the contestant’s affairs, the contestant might miss out on a lot of information and cause unnecessary confusion and chaos for all of us.
- If you or anyone you know might be interested in serving as the Master of Ceremony for the award ceremony on the event day, please contact us at email@example.com. Below is a list of criteria for the ideal candidates:
- Willing and eager to take on this challenge.
- Must devote at least 12 hours from January to March 2016 to practice and receive training.
- Enjoy speaking and performing in public.
- Energetic and have a positive personality and good sense of humor.
- We need a lot of volunteers to help organize this event. If you can help, please also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to email email@example.com. We look forward to your participation again in 2016.
2016 Competition Planning Committee