The Confucius Institute of the State of Washington was pleased to host the 5th Sichuan University Confucius Institute Partnerships Conference from August 4-5, 2017 at the University of Washington. This is an annual conference organized for directors/administrators from all Confucius Institutes partnering with Sichuan University (China) to share experience, promote mutual understanding and exchange ideas about the sustainable development of the Confucius Institute. The representatives are from Sichuan University, University of Utah, Arizona State University, Woosong University (South Korea) and Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium).
The conference meeting was held August 4, 2017 in the Petersen Room in the Allen Library on the University of Washington campus. Each CI gave a presentation, followed by discussion. The topics and presenters were:
- Experiential Learning: A case study, by CI at Arizona State University
- Effective ways of integrating CI into the host university, CI at Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Strategic plan for CI Development (3-5 years)/2016-2020 and Enhancing exchanges between China and U.S. through CI as a platform, CI of the State of Washington
- Effective ways of integrating CI into the host university, by CI at Woosong University, Korea
- Effective ways of integrating CI into the host university, by CI at University of Utah
- Supporting the development of the Confucius Institute as a world-class university, by Sichuan University
For more details, see the Seattle Conference Information Package.
On Saturday, August 5, 2017, the group enjoyed a visit to the Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour In Everett, WA, followed by a trip to the Space Needle in Seattle.