The Board of Directors of the Confucius Institute of the State of Washington consists of leadership representatives from all partner institutions, including the University of Washington, Seattle Public Schools, Sichuan University, and Chongqing Municipal Education Commission. The Board is chaired by Dr. Jeffrey Riedinger, Vice Provost for Global Affairs at the University of Washington. The CIWA Board of Directors guides the overall operations of the Confucius Institute of the State of Washington.
Current members of the Board of Directors are:
- Jeffrey Riedinger, Vice Provost for Global Affairs at the University of Washington.
- Paul S. Atkins, Department Chair in the Department of Asian Languages and Literature.
- Larry Nyland, Seattle Public Schools Superintendent.
- Michele Anciaux Aoki, International Education Administrator for Seattle Public Schools.
- Shijing Yan, Vice President for International Affairs, Humanities and Social Sciences, Professor of Economics at Sichuan University.
- Dingzhi Fang, Deputy Dean of the School of Overseas Education.